MUSICIAN Terms and Conditions
Please be sure to attach links to all relevant materials, bios and other supporting information in your application so that it does not get lost. TBMF may not be able to process your application if the form or documentation is incomplete or requires additional information. If you encounter any difficulty completing the form, or providing other documents, or have questions, please let us know.
All musicians must have their expressions of interest in by 30 September 2022 to be eligible for selection.
- TBMF, The Basin Music Festival Association Inc., we, us, organisers, committee, refers to members of The Basin Music Festival Association Inc organising committee. During the festival, committee members typically wear a black polo shirt with “The Basin Music Festival” logo embroidery on left upper chest.
- Volunteer or staff refers to volunteers at The Basin Music Festival.
- Musicians, performers, acts, or “you” refers to the applicant seeking to perform at The Basin Music Festival Association Inc.
- Musical Director, Coordinator, or Stage Manager is the TBMF committee member (or members) managing festival program and production. You will be given contact details of the musical director
- You, or you and your group
Approved musicians to agree to and abide by TBMF Musician Code of Conduct:
- Exhibiting at all times a positive and friendly approach with the purpose of ensuring festival attendees have an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Being alert but not alarmed! Noticing anything that looks dangerous or risky to public safety, and reporting it to volunteers at the Festival Information tent
- Respecting and assisting each other, and all people we come in contact with, to the best of our ability
- Following OH&S practices and policies, including clear walkways, safe environment in and around the stage
- Ensuring we are not under the effects of drugs or alcohol while performing
- Accepting and abiding by all requests from festival management with regards to noise and behaviour
- Feedback, compliments and complaints are to be directed to TBMF committee members and not to festival guests
- 30 September 2022 - applications close
- 14 October 2022 - applicants will have been notified if your application has been approved and the details of your performance
- 31 October 2022 - musical program locked in
- 4, 5, 6 November - The Basin Music Festival (the event starts on the evening of Friday 4 November and concludes Sunday 6 November)
Your application must be made on-line and should include:
- All relevant contact info, including primary and secondary contacts' mobile numbers and email addresses
- TBMF member details for all musicians
- Your current promotional material and bio of your act
- Full details of your production requirements
- This is a volunteer run Festival and musicians are generally not paid for their performance
- Musicians must comply with all Victorian State Government COVID19 safety requirements should they be in force at the time.
- There are limits to the number of performances. Wherever possible, preference will be given to the local region, providing they meet all the application criteria
- We don't like to, however, TBMF reserves the right to refuse any musician applications
- Performances will be programmed by the TBMF Musical Director any changes will be at their discretion
- Musicians must be ready to perform at allocated time, you can't make your own changes to the schedule
- As the Festival draws near, make sure you give us plenty of time if you need accept a paid gig elsewhere.
- TBMF reserves the right to remove any structure, display or material that poses a risk or hazard or is deemed by TBMF as inappropriate for our audience
- TBMF will not be responsible for any loss or damage to a performers musical equipment or merchandise left anywhere on the site.
Code of Conduct:
- Behave yourself
- Be respectful
- Be on time
- Be professional
- Be helpful
- Family appropriate
- Follow instructions of the Festival staff
If you need to cancel:
- If your act is booked to perform at the Festival, but for unforeseen circumstances cannot attend we need at least 5 days notice
- Should you no longer wish to perform, we would like to know asap so other acts can be given an opportunity
If we cancel the Festival:
- If the Festival is cancelled, performers will be notified as soon as possible
- TBMF will not be liable for any losses if the Festival has started but does not proceed for any part of the program because of unexpected inclement weather or any other causes that are beyond our control
- Extreme and Code Red fire danger days will trigger a cancellation or postponement on advice from CFA and Police
- If the Festival is rescheduled/postponed, performers will be offered a place at the rescheduled event
- As soon as practicable, festival organisers will email and/or call and post messages on Facebook and our website if the Festival is cancelled or postponed
Keeping in contact:
- When you fill in the form and include your contact details, you will receive an email reply from us to acknowledge receipt and provide more information
- Up to two days prior to the festival, you can contact us by email or by telephone. In your email, ensure the Subject line describes who you are and what the message is about (i.e.. “TBMF Musician …”)
- If you do not receive a response to your email within a day or two, assume the message was not received and try again or use an alternate method (SMS or voice call).
- From two days prior, and then during the festival, contact us by phone. If you send a text message (between 7 am and 10 pm) and you do not receive a reply within an hour, assume your message never arrived and try again.
- Using Facebook or any other social media platform as a primary means of communication is not reliable (or acceptable).
Thank you for your interest and participation in The Basin Music Festival! Rock on!